Tuesday, February 24, 2009

on B12 deficiency and Finals

I've got two papers to write and a final exam and then I'm finished for this term. halle-freakin-ujah

This term raked me over the coals. With a holiday break in the middle I never really got my focus back. Two crazy colds and a general feeling of fatigue have left me exhausted. Unable to focus on much of anything, struggling to wake up (really at all) and being Cranky (yeah that's with a capital C) I've been frustrated as all heck. It felt like every time I got the energy to do anything I would get sick again. Tonight I think I might have figured out something to change my life. I was mentioning to a co-worker that I really want to bike to school in the mornings and make a joke about hitting the snooze button too many times. She offhandedly mentions a iron deficiency. A little Dr. Google later and WHAM! I think I may have it sorted. This might be my ticket to feeling better.

9 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh that groggy can't wake up feeling is the worst especially when you have a life you feel like living! Good luck with wrapping things up and hope you get your groggynogs all figurreed out!!

Julie said...

That might be just the ticket -- I hope you have indeed figured it out! I tried taking a bit of iron once...it made my poop very dense and very black. Like I had a week's worth of poop all condensed into this compact nugget. Good luck with that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

:) :) :)

Amber Dawn said...

The liquid vegetable (beet) source iron is great, and doesn't make you poop tar :-)
I think all female athletes that menstruate should take iron supplements. Most of us ride the anemia line.

Jenna said...

oh the things we discuss on line... So Kesley how is your poop today :)

kelsey said...

I would like it noted that I don't discuss my poop. You all seem to have a lot to say about it though.

Thanks Julie. You are ever so helpful as always.

Julie said...

Hahahahahaah -- You can always count on me, babe! ;)

I admit, I am intrigued about this liquid beet stuff.

Susi said...

i will try to avoid the poop discussion...not. if you eat beets it makes your poop a wonderful purple colour! your pee too!!! much better than black tar stuff. ew.

totally recommend louise hay's book. i find it eerily accurate at times. she believes in using affirmations in healing the issues. i believe that too, but i also believe that you can't just say the affirmation, you have to feel it. if your energy isn't in alignment with what you are saying, it won't work. good luck with the energy!

Keith said...

Eat more fruit. That helps in the poop department. 'nuff said, I hope.

Jenna said...

how is it going ?? my B12 levels are good ....