Friday, February 13, 2009

Clam

So New Physio Guy (or the Pain Master) says the pain from my shin is actually coming from my hip. My right foot points out when I walk, which makes my arch collapse then all the force is going onto my shin. (and the knee bone's connected to the ankle bone...) Here's the thing, when I was a baby I was pigeon toed. It's actually a miracle at all that I'm able to walk straight at all.

He poked me in all spots and did things like so if this leg twists this way only 15% then your lower back should hurt here....I have to say for a long time I was Pro Chiro and Anti Physio but here I am tail between my legs.

So to detail my recovery photos to come

The clam.
Awkward leg raise.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Physio is sooo much fun. Yeah. My experience with physio is that some tiny little evil woman with a Brit accent twists and tortures you into feeling better. But my last one was about 6 feet in her socks. And very good at what she does.

So yes, if running is hurting, stop. Go with what makes you happy.

Julie said...

LOVE the new pic!!!

Your epiphany about cycling is spot on -- you look so happy in that pic.

Who cares about not going to Alcatraz. Whoopty-do. Sometimes it's those things we give up that clear our mind of the clutter -- and then we are left with a very clear path.

YOU ARE A TOTAL FRIGGING BABE!!!

:) :)

Happy Valentine's Day! :)