Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Did my errands on my bike today. Love whipping around town on my new-to-me townie. She's a cramerotti. I think I've named her Stella 'cause she's Italian. I had a bone density test this morning. Hoping it's all right and despite the diary allergy, small bones, birth control my bones are strong. Then I ate a raspberry white chocolate scone while I went through a month of mail.

I met up with a friend for a later evening swim. I've stopped going to Crystal Pool, too chlorine'y and lot's of perfume. You know how it floats on top of the water, when you take a breath and you breath in Channel #5 or somethin'

I've been swimming a few times recently and I can feel the fitness s-l-o-w-l-y coming back. It's like a sleepy bear just out of hibernation. A little woozy, docile and HUNGRY!

I've been reading Ben GreenFields Blog recently. Great solid down to earth coach. Really great advice. While I'm still stuck in the injury penelty box and unsure if I will be able to run strong again, he poses a interesting question. Why do you do Triathlon? We all say it's for the stress release, for the drive, the passion but if you look closer why?

I can say honestly that there were many times last year it became about pride, and envy and about forcing myself to work on training instead of taking a step back and seeing an unbalanced life. I was really running(swimming and biking) away from myself last year. I don't know if I'll ever race tri's again but I can say honestly that if there is a next time I'll be an all around healthier person.

3 comments:

Julie said...

EEEEE!! Another blog entry from you! :) :)

I need to go check out Ben's blog -- I love your candid and honest evaluation of your motives. That is a huge admission to make, Kelsey, and a very powerful step in moving forward, IMHO.

From the very first time I met you, I admired your crisp objectivity (even in regards to yourself!) and how you didn't let insecurities or fear phase you. I remember how you coolly stepped out of our motel room and told the young drunk bucks next door to keep it down. Hee-hee!!

I am so happy that you have found clarity through all of this. :) :)

By the way, you WERE right -- you are only an hour behind me...(Yes it's taken this long for me to figure it out! LMAO!!!)

Keith said...

I hate when people where perfume or aftershave to the pool. That and the chlorine is horrible. Shame that they drove you out of that pool, it's really nice.

Interesting thoughts about why triathlon. I'll have to look up that blog.

Jenna said...

when i told someone i had just met what i did for fun, he got quiet for a minute and asked me...so what is it that you are running from or avoiding dealing with? I did not even know him and was somewhat pissed ..only cause i was pissed that a total stranger zeroed in on that...glad to see you post!!